Terms & Conditions
- Only put listed items in recycling bins.
- Keep a couple of chooks or a worm farm to take care of left over food scraps.
- Bin your rubbish remember that Binners R Winners!
- Give unworn or old clothes in good condition to others or to charity.
- Use old cotton clothes as cleaning rags before binning them.
- Remind mum or dad to take reusable bags when you go shopping to carry your groceries.
- Reuse glass jars for storing small items and food.
- Keep showers to less than four minutes (four minute shower timers are available from the Water Corporation).
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Ask mum or dad if you have a water-efficient shower rose.
- Use the half flush button on the toilet.
- Make sure the dishwasher is fully loaded, not half empty, when you run it.
- Inform a parent if you see a dripping tap.
- Remind mum and dad to look for five or six star water-efficient white goods.
- Suggest to mum and dad to use of a pool cover.
- Help hang the washing on the line instead of using the dryer.
- Switch off TV, computers and other appliances at the wall, during the night.
- Travel on public transport when you can.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Look for the energy efficient star ratings when your parents choose light globes and appliances.
- Ask if your parents can install a solar panel energy unit.
- Check with mum or dad if your house has good insulation in the roof.
- Close the curtains or blinds if you have the air-conditioner or heater on.
Impress your parents
- Tidy your bedroom at least once a week.
- Do two jobs around the house each week, do them well and make them your own.
- Assist mum and dad when they ask for your help.
- Make lunch for mum or dad once in a while.
- Write a letter or card thanking mum and dad for all the great things they do.